Welcome to the Bustalong! All are welcome to join... Either leave me a comment here or send me an e-mail at ceceruth AT comcast DOT net. Please include your e-mail address so I can send you an invite.
Here are the rules, hope you decide to join us!
1. Only knitting from the stash from Jan 15th - April 15th. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- If you are knitting an item for 'pay'. Like a hat or something that
someone is paying for you to knit.
- If there is gift knitting that you honestly don't have yarn for in the stash. In my case, that is somewhat unlikely, but it could happen to others, I guess!
- If you are going on knitting retreat or other 'only chance you have to buy' in this timeframe. I, for example, am going to the Blue Moon Sock Camp April 10 - 14th. That is just cruel to think that I won't be able to buy any of there wonderful yarn while there. Seriously!
2. Must declare one WIP to be finished in the stash-along timeframe, and show off any others you have laying around (at least to be able to get credit for them if you finish them in the 3 month timeframe)
3. Must flash your stash
4. Need to do numbers 2 and 3 on your blog or flicker account by the stash-along start date (Jan 15th) to be eligible for the prize
5. Previously joined sock of the month clubs do not count
6. Books, needles and patterns do not count, assuming you are buying them for a yarn you already own.
On April 15, Amanda and I will judge from for winners for the following prizes:
Most Ambitious FO. This prize will go to the person who completes the most insane project (like a Wedding Ring shawl or something else insane like that)
Best Stasher: Goes to the person(s) who make it the most days without buying yarn
Best FOer: Person who whips through the most UFOs in the three months
Random Prize: A name pulled from the hat of people who just wanted to play with us!