Friday, February 23, 2007

Progress - and a major relapse

Hi folks

Well, I have good and bad news to report.

The good news is, I was very responsible and set aside a dozen newly started WIPs and swatches so I could concentrate on finishing a baby blanket for my colleague, which he's been patiently awaiting for months. All that needed doing was weaving in the ends on the back, and blocking. I say 'all' - in fact, there are over 400 ends to weave, in total. I think it was the sheer scale of the job that was putting me off. So anyway, I'm feeling dead proud because I've made a start. Here'a photo of the blanket from the wrong side.


This snap shows the amount of weaving-in progress I'd made by Saturday morning last week (most of what you see here was done on the Friday night immediately before). In the week since then, I've managed to do a bit more in the evenings, after work. I'm now exactly half way around the blanket. I am going to be very assiduous this weekend and see if I can finish it off.

That was the good news - a UFO nearly finished.

Now the bad news - I'm afraid I splurged on yarn again. Returning from NY with my gorgeous yarn purchases, I leafed through patterns deciding what to make. I realised that I didn't have enough to make an adult sized sweater sweater out of any of the three new yarns I have (Tilli Tomas silk, Alchemy bamboo, Louet linen). So I ordered more. It wasn't cheap.

Gosh, it's like a confessional in here isn't it. Someone tell me to say a few Hail Marys and absolve me.

Rachel

More info on the old blog: http://beelzebubknits.blogspot.com/


No comments: